Silver Arrows Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The True Seqan

2 posters

Go down

The True Seqan Empty The True Seqan

Post by Seqan Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 15:31

What you guys probably don't know about my RP scheme is that I adapted it from my first ever writing project. A fantasy novel that I still don't have a title for. Seqan is one of the not so major but definitely not minor characters. The next post is going to be the chapter in which both Seqan and Denjin are introduced if anyone is interested. Enjoy the read! biggrin

Last edited by Seqan on Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 15:55; edited 1 time in total
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 2346
Character RP Name : Connor O'Neill
Callsign : Seqan
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Character sheet
Name: Connor O'Neill
Callsign: Seqan
Assigned Unit: Silver Arrows Command

Back to top Go down

The True Seqan Empty Re: The True Seqan

Post by Seqan Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 15:43

Chapter III – Seqan

Seqan stood at an impressive eight foot, ten inches high in his wolf form, but there were many things in the Black Forest taller than him, and possibly even more dangerous. Seqan belong to a race known as the Nerianians, a race of elves with shape shifting and different magical abilities. Seqan was one of the Energy Changers. These people could sense, store, release, change, and reflect all forms of energy with different skill levels. Seqan was one of the more powerful ones.
He had been assigned to guard Denjin, one of the Mind Walkers. The Mind Walkers had the ability to manipulate, project, and read thoughts. Some of the more powerful ones, like Denjin, could do this across vast distances. Denjin was not just a mind walker though; he also had a very rare gift. He was also a Time Walker, with the ability to see the ever changing future, and the eternally set past. He had recently had a vision of two possible futures. One where all races on Alabon, the continent where they lived, human and otherwise would be completely destroyed. This future was the strongest.
The other was where three people found their way together. Humans. Humans with innate magical abilities. Humans had lost their magic long ago, and the few mages that did pop up here and there were weak, but fairly useful in battles involving only humans versus humans. But these three were different. They would be incredibly strong if taught properly. Denjin had already explored this future, and saw that to make it possible, he would have to contact them. He had put all three in a kind of trance, and brought their minds to this clearing in the Black Forest.
The Black Forest was one of the strongest magic centers in the region of Alabon that they were in. The only problem was that the magic had mutated many creatures that lived there into monstrous forms with a thirst for blood. Seqan had been assigned to guard Denjin since he could not fight while stretching his mind so thin.
Suddenly, everything changed. The normal heat that was always in the accursed forest grew cold, and it was not because Seqan was pulling heat energy out of the air.
“Denjin! Come out of it!” Seqan shouted at Denjin, who was sitting cross-legged in the middle of the clearing. When there was no response, Seqan lashed out with what little power he had in his mind towards Denjin’s mind. This seemed to get his attention.
“Almost done. One minute. Hold them off. My life, it doesn’t matter.” Denjin said these words broken, each sentence sounding strained.
Seqan growled a deep growl that would have scared off any creature, but it was not a creature that was attacking. Seqan’s growl was cut short as a flame erupted at the edge of the clearing and spread, incinerating everything in it. The flame went out as quickly as it had started. Where the flame had been, a fire demon stood. Its skin, made of hardened lava, cracked as it started to move, revealing the inferno underneath. Its eyes blazed orange wrath as it turned its focus on Denjin. It didn’t move, but Denjin did.
“Its attacking my mind… so strong… distract it.” Seqan recognized the symptoms of what was known as Mind Stress. Denjin was trying to fight the demon, and contact the three humans all at once. And on top of all that, he also was trying to talk with words.
Seqan released some energy in the form of lighting, letting it crackle from the palm of his hands, all the way up to his shoulders. The drain was minute, but all the same, he felt his power ebb since there was little to no energy around him as heat. He growled again, sending the lighting crackling up and down his left arm surging towards the demon. Fortunately for him, it was one of the weaker demons.
The lighting caught it off guard. It flinched, and its mental attack on Denjin seemed to let up.
“Grrr, pick on someone your own size,” Seqan growled. This statement was ironic since Seqan had a good two-and-a-half feet on the demon.
The demon turned its attention to Seqan for the moment. It rose up to its full height, raised its right arm, and slammed it down on the ground towards Seqan. The earth split, sending magma surging out of a crack in the ground the punch had created.
Seqan focused, that magma had plenty of energy. The instant the tiniest drop of magma touched his feet, he absorbed all the heat energy he could find out of it, instantly freezing it solid, not just hard, but so cold that when Seqan moved away from the crack in the ground, the force of his feet hitting the ground shattered the newly formed rock.
“Pathetic,” he said sarcastically, for the attack had been rather strong. The energy he had pulled from the lava had been so great, that he was subconsciously releasing some energy into the air around him, it was so much, that he could not hold it all. His fur started crackling and standing on end with electricity. This got Seqan’s attention. “Here, have back your energy.” With these words, he started transferring all the energy he had siphoned out of the lava into an orb of pure energy. This puron, as it was called, was the most powerful attack that Seqan had learned to muster. It could incinerate practically anything it touched, and if you stood too close, you could be electrocuted. Puron attacks were extremely hard to control because of their raw power, and the ability to control it was Seqan’s pride and joy.
The demon froze as it recognized the blue glow of puron energy. “Impressive,” it said in its gravelly voice. “But I am not alone.”
“Heh,” Seqan chuckled. “You are about to be dead!” With the last word Seqan did two things. He pulled some energy out of the orb he had created, and launched the rest flying towards the demon. The demon shattered instantly on contact. The puron not used in the destruction just simply dissipated into thin air.
Quickly, Seqan ran over to the place where the demon had fallen. He reached towards the remains of the body with his left hand, absorbing all heat energy from the body, which finished the demon off, and with his right, he pulled the remaining puron out of the air.
“Even if you are not alone, you all are doomed.” He glanced over to Denjin, who was still in his trance. “How much longer? There are probably more!” he shouted at him.
“One is fighting me. Strong mind. Must gain trust. Just a few minutes.”
“Well, at least shift, it’ll help you fight if you must.”
The form that had been Denjin the elf, contorted and stretched, until in its place sat a large wolf, sitting in the same position.
“Here, take some energy to heal yourself if need be.” As he said this, Seqan created another puron orb. He then converted it into life puron, a kind of energy used by Healers and Energy Changers. It was the purest form of life energy obtainable. Anyone could take it, but not always control it. If someone who was not a Healer or Energy Changer took an orb, it would automatically heal them if injured.
“Thanks,” Denjin mumbled, then fell silent again.
All was silent for several minutes, but the first demon had not lied. Two more flames burst into existence.
“You are out of time, Denjin!” Seqan shouted, preparing to fend of the next two demons. One of the demons, the more powerful of the two, turned immediately to face Seqan, and the other began a mental assault on Denjin.
Denjin flinched as the mental attack began, and Seqan turned to face his assailant.
“So tell me, demon,” Seqan said, “How do you fair on frozen terrain?” As he said this, he began to pull all the heat energy he could find out of the air, which had heated from the other demon’s presence, the ground, and anything that was connected of the ground, like the trees and plants. Ice began to crystallize on trees and other plants as the air lost its ability to hold water.
“Impressive. You know what you are doing. But, you know what you are? Stupid. I am heat.” As the demon said this, the ground started to crack open, and lava came rushing out in a great wave. The ice immediately melted and Seqan had to put energy into the muscles in his legs to move quickly enough to get away.
“Ha! You will have to be… Oof!” Seqan was cut off as the demon, which could move much faster than Seqan had originally thought, had moved around the advancing wave of lava, anticipating Seqan dodging, and caught him underneath his sternum and knocked the wind out of him.
“Faster? Is that what you were going to say? Well, are you happy now?” Again the demon moved lightning fast, but this time Seqan was ready. He moved out of the way and used some energy to put so much power into a punch that it blasted straight through the demon’s body.
“So you can fight if the battle field is cold, what about if your body is frozen solid?” The demon’s body suddenly solidified as the molten rock making up most of its body began to rapidly cool. Seqan continued to pull energy until the fire in the demon’s eyes went out, signaling its death.
Seqan! I need help! The other demon’s attack is making it hard for me to focus! You need to distract him! I can keep the attack from harming the minds of those I am contacting! To them, they are just running through woods looking for something they can’t…
I’ll take care of the demon; don’t lose the minds of the three. Seqan thought back. He turned his attention to Denjin and the demon attacking him.
The demon attacking Denjin had heard their mental conversation and turned to face Seqan. I will destroy you, it said.
Seqan winced as a mental attack pierced right into the central part of his consciousness, immobilizing him.
Think, he thought to himself. Remember your training. With great effort, he attempted to push the icy knife that was stabbing into him out of his head, and launched his own counter attack. “Yaa!” he yelled, launching an attack with his mind, and charging towards the demon, his fist charged with electricity.
The demon attempted to dodge the physical attack, but was slowed because he had to deflect the mental attack, which he did with ease. Mind wars were not Seqan’s strong point. Seqan punched the demon full force, forcing almost all the energy he had into the blow. The demon flew several feet back, slamming into a tree, and splitting apart onto the ground.
Seqan staggered, the drain on his strength had been enormous. He could barely stand now. But he had to. He pulled as much energy as he could out of his surrounding area without reaching absolute zero. This was the point where there was absolutely no energy in anything.
His energy partially restored, he turned his attention back to Denjin. How’s it going?
Better, I am almost done, Denjin thought back. I only need… Augh!
Pain flashed across their mental connection, as the demon, which Seqan had just disassembled, reassembled itself and launched a new, fatal, mental and physical attack on Denjin.
“No! Denjin!” screamed Seqan.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Sat 18 Sep 2010 - 15:44

For the record, it's been over a year since I wrote this and about a year since I last edited. I did a little editing just now but it's far from perfect. I would appreciate a lack of criticisms but would appreciate any advice. I do plan on editing this at some point. Hope ya'll liked it! Very Happy
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuffud Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 5:23

Nice stuff there, I see you all ready have a good occupation thrust upon your shoulders...
I couldn't stop reading and when I got to the end I was desprate to find more! :DDDD.
Advice: Great fight and all but I just hope it's not all like that because otherwise people will startto get board of the fights, but I must say, in most of the films I've seen, I have to like the battles the best... And when they say futeristic sentances. like "We have to use the plasma portol hyper gun using it backwards to give us a 80 LYPS thrust through the ultra hadron sphere." or the word. "Flux capacitor"... Anyway, Hope hope my "Advice" doesn't offend in any way, I'm only giving opinions, It's your book and you choose what happens.

so whos is the main character if you arn't..... And how come everyone is competing to be the best... Mike-Some invincible angel thing, and now you can shape shift, I'm begining to think why I'm an avarage human....
Fuffud
Fuffud
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 814
Character RP Name : Peter Kirkland
Callsign : SA_FUD
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Character sheet
Name: Peter Kirkland
Callsign: SA_FUD
Assigned Unit: Alpha_Wing

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Sun 19 Sep 2010 - 10:35

Of course you're an average human. But weren't you paying attention? The humans are the one with the most potential and the three will eventually easily pass up their Nerainian tutors. Seqan's and the Nerainians have always been, for lack of a better word, werewolves, but I just haven't played that part as big in my scifi role. It's there, just not as huge. I'm still trying to find a suitable scientific reason for that particular ability.

The main characters are three humans, Shathor, Camora, and Vemar. Their abilities, respectivly, are controlling the elements, psychic powers, and strength. If your interested, I could PM you the whole thing.

And of course it doesn't offend, I'm always open to advice. It's outright criticism that I got problems with. I really have to go back and work on the beginning of the novel. That much is a fact for sure.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuffud Sat 25 Sep 2010 - 9:34

I'd love the PM, There is nothing better than a good read with a slice of freshly made fudge and a nice bit of cake. Razz
Fuffud
Fuffud
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 814
Character RP Name : Peter Kirkland
Callsign : SA_FUD
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Character sheet
Name: Peter Kirkland
Callsign: SA_FUD
Assigned Unit: Alpha_Wing

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Sat 25 Sep 2010 - 12:02

Hmm... It seems that I can't embed stuff into PMs. If you PM me your email though, I could email it to you.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet