Silver Arrows Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seqan, a.k.a., Connor O'Neill

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seqan, a.k.a., Connor O'Neill Empty Seqan, a.k.a., Connor O'Neill

Post by Seqan Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 2:46

Seqan
Race: Nerainian
Birthplace: Neran, Alabon system

I was born into a small village on the unassuming planet of Neran in the Alabon system. If you ever visited Neran, you would find it's level of technology to be somewhat similar to what you would expect on medieval Earth. However, the Nerianians, as we call ourselves, are more advanced evolutionarily than most races in this galaxy, including the Dom'Kavash. We are humanoid, as you would call us, but we are our own as well. Each member of our species has a special ability. There are psychics, those who are stronger and faster than normal, healers, and many others. My ability is to manipulate and control energy and its flow.

I had long desired to go to the stars, and my ability allowed me to find ways of doing things. I eventually set to work on the space program when I came of age.

Space travel was long sought after on our planet, but there were not enough naturally occuring resources on our planet in order to build anything that could escape Neran's gravitational field. No one on our planet could build anything useful, not even me.

As luck would have it, the race you call the Nomads flew into our system around 809AS your year standards. An entire fleet was suddenly caught in our planet's gravitational field. Go figure.

One of our people who had the same ability as me had sensed a great rift in the solar energy around our planet. He also said that it was no longer there.

My best friend, widely regarded as the most powerful psychic on our planet, Denjin, after much meditation was able to deduce the presence and the organic nature of these ships, their crew number, how many ships there were, and that each ship was severely damaged. He told us that there was one very large ship, a battleship, three smaller but still sizeable ships, gunboats, and about a dozen small, one man craft, fighters and interceptors.

For several weeks these ships stayed above our planet, their situation remaining the same. Eventually, our leaders decided to do something about it.

An elite team was assembled to work on getting one of those fighters down out of the sky, I was on the team. The team consisted of three healers, several strongmen, two psychics, and four energy masters plus me. We were told to get a ship out of the sky in any way necessary. We succeeded.

Four Nomad fighters were pulled from the sky by manipulating our planets gravitational field. These ships crash-landed about a mile from us and were killed by the impact.

This caught the attention of the rest of the Nomads.

One of the gunboats managed to land on our planet with a strike team of some sort and proceeded to attempt to kill us. This all happened about fifteen of your earth minutes after the crash and destruction of their four fighters.

The Nomads had amazing technology, weapons we had never been able to build because of our lack of natural resources. However, mine and the other's natural abilities allowed us to turn this technology back against the Nomads. Their weapons could not hurt us, and they also found several identical energy blasts sailing back at them.

We defeated these Nomads, and the ships in orbit did not risk sending more for some reason, probably thinking that their strike team had succeeded in killing us. Obviously, their scanners were broken.

Over the course of the next many years, we used what knowledge we had about the natural world and the technology and resources from the nomad ships to produce five heavy fighters of our own, outfitted with powerful engines that would allow us to escape our planets gravitational field.

Denjin (a psychic), Rendal (one who could manipulate the elements), Belshin (someone with extreme physical prowess), Shema (a healer), and I were all chosen to pilot these ships to where that rift had once been. We were not greeted kindly by the Nomads.

Each of us had limits to our abilities. Mine was that I couldn't easily manipulate energy I was not directly in contact with. Denjin's was he needed to focus in order to use his power to destroy the Nomads. Rendal's was he had nothing to manipulate in space. Shema was a healer. And Belshin couldn't punch things in a vacuum.

However, the Nomads were still weak from their beating at wherever they had come from, and couldn't pilot well in the gravitational field. We managed to disable each ships weapons.

We piloted our ships over to where the rift had once been, and I found some lingering energies. I was able to reconstruct the field that had brought the Nomads here, and, after Denjin had updated our leaders on our situation, we went through the rift.

We found ourselves outside some kind of sphere built around a star in a system entirely inhabited by Nomads. These Nomads were not as weak as the ones we had fought, so we fled from the sphere.

We wandered the system, avoiding the Nomads, eventually coming to some sort of gate. A jump gate.

I managed to activate this gate and we found ourselves in a system known as X-3043, or Crossfire.

We were picked up by some passing traders as our ships had been damaged and were beginning to deteriorate. Each of us went our separate ways after that. I assumed the human name Connor O'Neil at this point, Denjin having read everyone's mind in that ship and coming up with a list of believable names.

Learning your language was the easy part with Denjin's occasional help. Your customs, not easy at all. For one, you people obviously find it scary when I create electricity flowing through each of my arms when you attempt to steal from me. I can't imagine why you would want to steal from me in the first place.

After two years in the Sirius sector, I had done enough research on jump holes to be able to make one for myself. I have since then visited our planet several times and reported to hour leaders.

One year after that, and a helluva lot of pilot training and getting my ass blown out of the sky, I met a young man named Owen Mason, and the rest, history.

I am proud to at last be able to call myself a Silver Arrow and will gladly do all that I can to protect yours and my worlds from invasion by the Dom races and the Nomads, which, oddly enough, you sent to our planet by mistake. I thank the Order for that.

Last edited by Seqan on Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 23:06; edited 2 times in total
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 2346
Character RP Name : Connor O'Neill
Callsign : Seqan
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Character sheet
Name: Connor O'Neill
Callsign: Seqan
Assigned Unit: Silver Arrows Command

Back to top Go down

Seqan, a.k.a., Connor O'Neill Empty Re: Seqan, a.k.a., Connor O'Neill

Post by Seqan Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 3:08

For the record, no. You can't visit my planet, it is several hundred (or thousand not really sure which) light years away from the system with the talking monkeys and robots inhabited also by Nomads. That system's the closest one in Sirius and it takes way to much energy for me to build a jump hole for one ship, let alone two. So please don't ask. It makes me somewhat sad to have to say "no".
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeroth Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 8:58

even if i said please?

hehe

great story, Conner.
i was wondering how you were going to work that alien backstory in...and this was really good.

10 points. Very Happy

-Z
Zeroth
Zeroth
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 423
Character RP Name : Owen Mason
Callsign : SA_ZEROTH
Registration date : 2010-07-03

Character sheet
Name: Owen Mason
Callsign: SA_ZEROTH

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 10:47

Sorry, not even if you said please. I'd have to fly into a star in order to get enough energy to make a jump hole large enough for two, and we all know that flying into a star is not safe. ;-)

10 points out of what? 10 or 100? =P
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeroth Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 11:32

It's perfectly safe if you start a new char and haven't docked anywhere. Razz

it's not 10 points out of anything...

it's just 10 more points to add to your total "irrelevant points given by Zeroth"

Razz
Zeroth
Zeroth
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sa_admin Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 11:37

lol how much of those points do i have, oh master of irrelevant points ?!
sa_admin
sa_admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Male Number of posts : 3483
Character RP Name : Sam Thomas
Callsign : SA_ARROW
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Character sheet
Name: Sam Thomas
Callsign: SA_ARROW

http://www.silverarrowsclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeroth Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 20:37

Zeroth
Zeroth
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Loyal Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 21:08

Your history is stored into my database and I welcome you to the Silver Arrows. I apologize for the Nomad issue at your home.

I am satisfied they came, no offense at all, but if they did not we would not have you in our ranks.

Loyal
Loyal
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 210
Character RP Name : OE-254 Loyal AI
Callsign : SA_LOYAL
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Character sheet
Name: OE-254 MKIX
Callsign: SA_LOYAL
Assigned Unit: -none-

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 23:22

No offence taken, Loyal. I'm glad to be here. Always wanted to go to space! And as far as the Nomads being a problem, the only thing that particular group has left is their battleship. Twisted Evil We downed all the others but that battleship is stubborn. May have to destroy it later.... We've been using their technology to synthetically produce raw materials for our space programs. You may even see some Nerainian fleets in Sirius to help with the battle in the inner core in the near future.

Also, their coming to our planet was a mistake. After the Order defeated the Nomads at the Dyson Sphere in 809AS, something went wrong in the hypergate system and those particular Nomads were jettisoned near our planet while the rest were sent back to the inner core I believe.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 17:53

New intelligence received. Exact location of Alabon system determined. That's the good news.
The bad news: It is on the outer edge of the Galactic Center deep in Dom'Setek space. Shocked
Recently, the remaining Nomad battleship has been broadcasting a distress signal to the Dom'Kavash. We have since disabled the battleship. Unfortunately, the Nomads didn't know where they were any more than we did. The signal was intercepted by the Dom'Setek. We now have a big problem
The entire Nerainian population on my planet is about four thousand, and the most powerful ship we have been able to build is a heavy fighter not quite unlike the Werewolf. We are not prepared to defend the space around our planet. However, we can hold our own on the surface, for now, anyway.
I have been called home, all of us have.
Denjin, Belshin, and Rendal have already left.
Shema, Vemahk, and I are still here.
I am going to stay in Sirius for the time being. I can be of more use here than I can at home, I am no general. I cannot be of more help there than I can here.
The Nomads above our planet have been defeated. Murphy decided to give us a kick in the ass. There is now a small Dom'Setek fleet on the edge of our solar system.
Initial Dom'Setek scouting parties to our planet were quickly defeated.
The goal of the Silver Arrows is to defend Sirius and Altair against the hostile alien threat, I ask that you add the Nerainians to that list.
Alabon is unplotted on any of our maps. However, I and every energy manipulator there can transmute back and forth between there and Sirius by means of building our own jump holes. The leaders of Neran have called for a full retreat. We are coming to Sirius.
Denjin and the other psychics have already taught our population the English and Russian necessary to communicate with the inhabitants of Sirius and Altair. Now all that is left is to get our people out of there.
I request all of those with battleships or cruisers to help in the evacuation. We have around four thousand people to evacuate.
A few energy manipulators who I have taught how to build jump holes will be keeping it open on that end, I will be doing my best to keep it stable on this end.
Enjarius is temporarily under the command of Denjin to help with the evacuation. We just need transport, my people can handle themselves once we are in Sirius.
All those who are able to help please contact me ASAP with your capital ships standing by.

----*note*----

This is just for RP, there will not actually be anything going on online.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sa_admin Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 20:30

I have informed Admiral Robertson of your world's situation Ensign. His group shall be able to help you, remember that the Admiral left his function of Staff and Resources Director to lead a special project. I guess there is no more need to keep it secret, the Silver Arrows have began studying the possibility of creating our own jump holes as well. For now we still have no real test done but i think now is a good time to see if we did well.

The SA_Enterprise, SA_Revelations, SA_GrafSpee, SA_Nike and others will be sent to the Alabon system in 24 hours. the SA_Discovery will remain on this end of the wormhole to engage any Dom Setek ship trying to use your opened jump hole to reach us. Liners will be sent to pick your people once the battleships and cruisers have established their position.

-----

First report of the situation from Alabon : Neran is under serious attack by dozens of capital ships and hundreds of fighters. Few of our cruisers have already been destroyed. Some of our men escaped and were picked up by other ships, others just didnt make it.

The first passenger ship got down to the surface well, it might be a totally different scenario to go back to space. The Setek are being vicious and restless... They bombarded many regions already, in hope of wiping the Nerainian from the surface of their planet.

We keep sending reinforcements but we cannot hold much longer, we need a plan to repel the Setek !
sa_admin
sa_admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 20:34

I have informed our leaders of your ships destructions, and from now on a energy manipulator will be assigned to each ship's shield generators to loop weapon energy crashing on shields back through to fuel your shields. Hopefully, there will be no more destructions. When did the Setek get there? My informants said that they were still two weeks out!
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sa_admin Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 20:51

They got there slightly after we arrived... dont know how yet, they might have used the Inner Core Gates to jump to the Alabon System. They may have spotted you and your friends opening the artificial jumpholes and came before their scheduled plan.

Wait long range scans indicate there is still a Setek fleet one week away at normal space travel. The ships we are fighting now seems to have made a surprise attack before the others get here in warp speed.

One of the transport ship has been badly damaged and life support failed on an entire deck. Casualties are not too heavy but there are some dead.

Your energy manipulators will certainly be a great benefit to our shields. I just got an idea, how precisely can you lead your jump holes outer end ?
sa_admin
sa_admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Loyal Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 21:30

OE-254 reporting-----

I have had some of my personal drones to assist on the arrival of the incoming fleet. They are weak but agile and a decent strength in firepower. There is about 25 drones 1x smaller than the Shroud. I have half of them going to assist in the defending of Admiral Arrow and his vessel the Discovery. The drones are programmed to take any commands from any Silver Arrows within their receiving range.

I currently will be boarding the Discovery to assist in any repairs and the protection of Admiral Arrow.

I have sent other drones to the assistance of the transport vessel.

While with Admiral Arrow my vessel the Shroud equiped with my commanding equipment will be defending the Transport.

OE-254 will be securing and assisting commands on board the Discovery where ever needed.
Loyal
Loyal
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 210
Character RP Name : OE-254 Loyal AI
Callsign : SA_LOYAL
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Character sheet
Name: OE-254 MKIX
Callsign: SA_LOYAL
Assigned Unit: -none-

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 22:06

There are no dead. Each Nerainian has a failsafe built into their minds that immediately links them telepathically with an energy master in the event of them floating in space. They are being fueled by the energy masters but that won't hold for long. The only thing I'm doing on this end is keeping it stable. I am out of the control of where it ends up. That's the person on the exiting end's job, but it can be set as precisely as necessary. I've set the Enjarius to pick up survivors in space. We will survive this. Setek forces are beginning to weaken. I've also had a human friend of mine distract them by launching a massive attack on one of their stations in the IC. We got this. Half of the population has been evacuated. Energy masters have been assigned to each ship now. Shields should hold indefinitely now.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sa_admin Sat 14 Aug 2010 - 10:56

i got a mission for your energy manipulators friends as well, they need to come close to Setek Battlescruisers with small fighter ship, avoid the aliens fire and, beyond their shields, open a portal where we will send Coalition Nuclear Torpedoes thru the formed wormhole, this should make our explosives bypass their shields and accelerate our operation.

Please confirm your friends can do this.

We received the 3rd transport, only 2 others remains. The last one also take on its board all of your remaining friends helping us. Once they are safely in SIrius, The Human Fleet wil lretreat and you'll close the road behind us....
sa_admin
sa_admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Sat 14 Aug 2010 - 13:47

Unfortuantly, most of our energy manipulators can only manipulate energy they are directly in contact with. They would have to spacewalk in order to open up their shields or build a jump hole. There are about two who have been trained to manipulate what they are not in contact with are already evacuated. Sorry, was a good plan, but we don't have anyone left who can enact this plan. Let's just concentrate on getting the hell out of here.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 11:37

Last two transports are through. Human reinforcements are coming through as well. Unfortunately, the jump hole was kept open so long that it is now self-sustaining. As soon as all our people are through I shall destabilize this end of the jump hole so that any and all following Dom'Setek forces shall be destroyed upon exiting. Thank you for your help, Vice-Admiral.

4198 Nerianians made it back alive and 136 lost their lives on the surface. There are still 1891 injured and the Healers are tending to them. Heh, there was also one birth. The mother named her child Sarrow in thanks to the Silver Arrows for helping us.

The Nerainian high council has asked me to convey the request to colonize Planet Sprauge in the Omega 3 system so that we may be on the front lines in taking back our area of space.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sa_admin Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 13:17

The Silver Arrows are glad you made it. We will welcome the Nerainian on Sprague, near the old research digging site. The absence of docking ring will make your population remain in calm and peace.

If other brave Nerainians wish to get to space and discover Sirius, they just have to call us and we will send a shuttle to pick them up and bring them to FP1 so they may find a pilto willing to take them on a tour or give them a job.

We are touched by the name chosen for the first Sirius-born Nerainian.

We are glad we could help.
sa_admin
sa_admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Wed 22 Sep 2010 - 21:40

DDUUUUUUDES!!! Guess what just happened?! Dracnor has just inherited the throne of the Nerainian high council! Dracnor was my mentor for the longest time, a very powerful energy master. He is now the high king of our people. And guess who was chosen to replace him as the Energy Master General?!?! Yours truly! I am now a General among my people! biggrin

If you're wondering what happened to our old king, he died in the evacuation of Neran. He refused to leave the planet until all of our people were off, and the Dom'Setek finally outlasted him. He killed about 240 Setek before they finally took him down. He was the most powerful psychic among us. A great man, he was. Anyway, as we all know, politics suck and we just elected Dracnor to succeed him, and I was chosen to replace Dracnor as the Energy Master General on our council. Now don't worry, I'll still be in space. I'm not required to be on Sprague 24/7.

Thanks again for everyone's help in evacuating Neran. We all owe the SA a debt of gratitude.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sa_admin Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 10:06

hehe a General ! Great for you m8 !
sa_admin
sa_admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 17:05

Yup yup. Thanks, sir. I know this won't affect my position in SA, I just wanted to brag a bit. biggrin Anyway, if you all have anything you want to talk to the Nerainian High Council about, you now have a direct link! Wink

Oh yeah, and guess what? Denjin may be joining us around Christmas/New Years! biggrin
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sa_admin Thu 23 Sep 2010 - 20:42

good news !
sa_admin
sa_admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seqan Wed 27 Aug 2014 - 0:46

Seqan, a.k.a., Connor O'Neill 8496997939_3594617d5d

As I came up with this story a few years ago and my ability to create, write, and adapt stories has increased dramatically, I am hereby declaring null and void this RP background. Until I create a new one, this may remain on the forums for the time being or it may be deleted at admin's leisure.
Seqan
Seqan
Captain
Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014 - 3:40

Thread can stay as is until you want have it replaced, no problem with this. You may also decide to use original posts to edit its content /move to one thread/clean thread etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next